Outfox Management Team
Ed Tatro, Founder and CEO
Ed is the founder of Outfox Solutions and a seasoned entrepreneur and corporate executive with over 35 years of operations and consulting experience. His experience has included P&L responsibility, venture capital start up and direct responsibility for large scale e-commerce project implementations. In a consulting capacity he has successfully created and contemporized information systems and telecommunications organizations in response to new business strategies.
In a consulting capacity, he has successfully completed projects developing technology solutions for leading companies in the consumer packaged goods (CPG), and food services (restaurant) industries. He has led the development of technologies and markets for Enterprise Application Integrated (EAI) solutions used in Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) and Supply Chain Management (SCM). He has assisted Internet software providers in solving complex e-commerce supply chain implementations involving over 60,000 small and medium size Asian suppliers.
He spent over 15 years with General Foods and Kraft Foods in a variety of senior management positions. Significant accomplishments included providing business and technical leadership in solving complex Supply Chain issues enabling the Company and customers to better manage inventories and customer demand. Several programs with major customers resulted in a 28 day average reduction of on hand inventory. While with General Foods, Ed had a key business planning and implementation role for improving food handling quality control of frozen and refrigerated products.
In a senior information management consulting role for Avon Products, Ed was responsible for revitalizing and modernizing the Company’s information technology infrastructure including successfully planning, re-engineering and implementing the Company’s Supply Chain Management system. This implementation generated over $15 million in annual out of pocket savings.
Ed managed a $100 million dollar retail home furnishings chain, designed and staffed several technical outsourcing organizations for private investors and has provided consulting services to Fortune 500 telecommunication companies. He has served on the board of several small and medium size companies.
He began his career with Price Waterhouse (Price Waterhouse – Coopers) and accomplishments included directing and developing the firm’s management consulting practice for the Connecticut region.
Mark Moeller, Restaurant Operations Expert
The Recipe of Success is overseen by Mark Moeller, a 33 year veteran of hands on experience. Mr. Moeller concentrates his efforts in development of complete and comprehensive training programs, operational reviews, menu development, purchasing strategies with complete focus on the end result improving both guest satisfaction and the bottom line.
Prior to starting his consulting business in 2000, Mr. Moeller spent 19 years in corporate and entrepreneurial organizations. Mr. Moeller's resume covers the fast food, fast casual and full service segments of the restaurant industry. Mr. Moeller is an Operations Specialist with extensive experience in restaurant and retail startup, design, development and process. Bottom line oriented operator and turnaround specialist with considerable expertise in all phases of free standing and multiple unit operation as well as corporate and franchise needs including, but not limited to, concept design, cost control, training, procurement, technical requirements, system development, distribution and management.
- Significantly reduced cost by improving purchasing, training on, and sourcing of all goods and services.
- Successfully turned around multi-unit restaurant in Manhattan, assessing overall operational and financial analysis, resulting in employee replacement as well as revitalization of operational, training and marketing systems, procedures, policies, and manuals.
- Championed design and layout of new concepts, including equipment layout and specifications, code compliance, design elements, as well as furniture specs.
- Designed menus for new concepts, including product specs and sourcing, vendor relations, recipe creation, recipe books, training, plus menu boards and paper menus.
- Developed and implemented station training modules for each internal position across 10 separate restaurant concepts.
- Introduced structure to ensure compliance was aligned with all new policies and procedures.
- Instrumental in building complete franchise operating structure and guidelines for new café concept.
- Directed POS sourcing and project management to ensure correct system was purchased and all data input was accurate and functional.
- Retrained entire management and employee teams, creating profit and loss statements in conjunction with other financial control systems.
During the past 23 years, Mr. Moeller has opened up over 300 new restaurant and retail locations in both his Corporate and Consulting phases of his career.
David Diaz, Chief Business Development Officer
David is bringing his depth of experience to enhance Outfox Solutions and its revolutionary operating system, serving as Chief Business Development Officer. Early in his career, David worked as a Sous Chef at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in NYC, Food Service Director at Wood Business Dining, Unit Manager at Stouffer Restaurant Company, and as Chef and Owner of 301 Restaurant Group. David was instrumental in the placement of more than 30 public and private offerings totaling more than $500 million during his time at firms such as Gruntal and Company, American Express Financial Advisors, and the Maxim Group.
Throughout his career, David has been a consistent advocate for an ethical systems approach to business. Conscious Capitalism embodies an emphasis on value, reciprocity, and humanity as necessary precursors to ethically-generated profitability. David brings this holistic vision to his work with Outfox as he partners with restaurant and hospitality professionals to realize the efficiencies, freedom, and flexibility that the Outfox Solutions platform delivers.